Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Pumpkin Harvest Time - Oktoberfest!

Oktoberfest is the celebration of the harvest season.  I happened to be in Munich on business so I managed to make an appearance there.

It was quite a "happening".  I also had a business event in Como Italy.  Tough duty.
But when I got back, I had to get on with my own harvest.
Lots of pumpkins, gourds and squash.
Five tractor bucketloads today.  More a week ago and more to come.
This is my pumpkin rinsing station.
And the load that I brought home for Joan.
The leftovers (plus what's still in the field).
It has continued to be exceptionally dry.  The pond is low.
My fall food plots are pretty weedy.
The clover is stressed.
The maples are just starting to turn.
Acorns are everywhere.  I've never noticed black ones before.
The forest floor.
Out on my walk.  I have a cell camera acting up - not syncing.  I tried reboot, new batteries, new card.  Now I'm waiting for tech support callback.  Coincidence that there was an app update Stealthcam?
This spider caught me by surprise in the cabin.
A nice series of bobcat photos in daylight.


And one in the woods.
The coyotes were everywhere this week.





Three.

Two.


Three.

It's blurry but there are six in this shot.
This is the mock scrape that I set up a week ago.


More coyotes.

Licking branch.


Does visiting the salt.
Six does.
A crowd sleeping in front of the camera.
A hawk on the hunt.
Turkeys.






And even more coyotes.

Neighborhood dogs - haven't seen much of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment