Sunday, November 5, 2023

Nice Weather, Some Movement, No Shots

 I had two nights and one morning in stand.  There were young bucks chasing but no shooters in sight.

I saw deer in most of my sits. Two in the shot below.
The food plots still have plenty to offer - main clover plot.
This was a brassica plot that was taken over by weeds.  The weeds have now died due to frost but there is green brassica underneath.
One evening, I decided to do up a turkey breast from the spring hunt.
The dogs and I had several great walks.


We found a couple "poop of the week" samples.
They both had hair and seeds in them.  I think that there are persimmon seeds.  I'm guessing coyote.
I did some shooting.  The 375 H&H is standing off sticks at 100 yards.  The rest are from the bench.  The 6.5 CM and the 30-06 are both shooting about 1 MOA.  I got the muzzleloader and the 45-70 sighted in a bit.
I took the 6.5 CM back to 220 yards and did some shooting off sticks while seated. It wasn't great.  My hold is not steady enough.
Cleaning the muzzleloader - ugh.
A few shots from stand.
Some video.  Video 1 Video 2 Video 3
Hard to tell this is a buck.

Some trailcams of the bucks chasing and fighting.












And does avoiding.



This looks like a young/small bobcat.
And coyotes as usual.







A few of me in action.

Sunset tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment