Sunday, April 7, 2024

Finally, a Shed...and Morels

 It isn't anything special - but it's something.  And in the orchard field right in front of the barn.

While looking for sheds, I found some morels.  I love them but for some reason, they don't love me.  The first time I barfed, I thought maybe I picked a false one.  But nobody else got sick.  And then I barfed the next two times I tried them.
So, I've given up eating them myself.  I picked some for friends and family.
March 25 and the last hold outs were still wearing a few antlers.
Some were just wearing one.
Most of the daffodils are done.
But a couple of bunches were still in their glory.
I cleaned the 375 H&H last time out.  So I shot a "fouling shot" at this plate.  The force destroyed the shackle holding the plate to the chain.  That's the copper bullet hit on the bottom.
Then I shot some four-shot groups.  80 yards off sticks and 30 or 35 yards offhand. Doesn't look too terrible other than that the offhand ones only have 3 on paper.
Wild onions in my clover plot.  They are fragrant.
And this is a bloom of thistle.  I hate thistle and it is really hard to kill.
The main clover field looks great.
I was looking for germination on the frost seeded clover in the driveway.  There's hints of germination - I'm just not sure that it is the clover.
The redbuds are starting.
This old pear tree is in its glory.  My other old fruit trees are looking ragged.
The turkeys seem to be doing their breeding behavior before the start of hunting season.
It's still a few weeks until the opener.









There are some really nice birds out there.
The coyotes are always lurking.
And the does do their thing.
That doe is near the tadpole pond.  Here's a few videos of the action in it.
Frog Tadpole
And me getting around various ways on the last trip out.



No comments:

Post a Comment