Sunday, March 24, 2024

Can't Find a Shed!

 It's still a month until Ohio Turkey Season but we have this:

A couple nice gobblers in full strut.
I did the camera tour this week while carrying my buffalo rifle.
It's a couple pounds heavier than my regular hunting rifles.
I just wanted to see if it was a big deal to lug it around.
Not too bad but I didn't carry it all day long either.
I shot a group off sticks at 60 yards, then an offhand group from 20 yards, then a group from 60, then offhand again at 20.  Not perfect by any means but they should have been fatal on a buff.  Good full magazine practice, cycling and reacquiring the target.
I gave it a good cleaning - the first  one I think.  Not exactly following a classic break in routine.
I had two big walks looking for shed antlers.  This is a trail thru the prairie plot.
I checked all the food plots.
This is the turnip field that I hit with roundup and frost seeded clover.  Not much yet.
On the field edges, I keep finding historic trash dumps.
Not sure if this is woodpeckers?
Some sort of amphibian eggs in the vernal pond.
Hard to believe that it's been 4 years since we had the grandkids with us at the start of Covid.
Sunday morning sunrise.  I covered a lot of ground and not one shed antler.
What did this coyote get?  I can't tell if it is a bird or a beast.
This is 1/4 mile away and still carrying around.


This guy looks lame.
No privacy.


A series of white tails.


Curious.
Antlerless buck?

Conflict.
One of the few remaining with antlers.


Turkeys.




Here's some trailcams from Alex's first time driving any vehicle.


Investigating a poop of the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment