Monday, August 23, 2010

Garden and Food Plot Update

Garden this week.

Both zucchini and corn are producing right now.  The corn is pretty good but since I don't spray it, there are quite a few worms.  They're usually just on the end of the ear.

















The cantalope vines are not looking too happy.  I'm not sure if the melon is ripe or not.  I think that I'll give it another week before I try one.  The watermelons are small and the vines aren't happy - not sure if I'll get much from them.

















This pumpkin was green last week.  It's too early for things to be this ripe.  Many of the vines are in distress from the heat and I think that sends the pumpkins into ripening prematurely.  It's strange because some vines look like they're dying while others are still sending out new growth and flowers.















I planted corn at two different times.  The second planting hasn't even tassled yet but the plants are looking healthy.


















Food Plots
The turnips and brassica that I planted last week have already germinated.  We had 0.3" of rain the day that I planted it and 0.5" of rain a week later.

















Sunflower field now overtaken with ragweed.














Sunflowers mowed down - the birds will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment