Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkins, Plots, Etc

Prizewinner pumpkin (that's the variety) from seeds given to me by Grant Scheesele.  I have a couple of these vines and they appear to still be growing.  They're going to be big - too big to lift?


Watermelons from seeds given to me by Graham Scheessele.  There are 6 or so fruit but I'm afraid we're running out of growing season.  I won't be back for two weeks so I picked a couple to be sure that I get some.
I just picked pumpkins from vines that were dying.  There are many vines that still appear to be growing.  I thought that it would be best to get the ripe ones out of the field since the deer seem to be nibbling them this year.


This weekend's harvest - maybe 10% of the crop.


And there's some good size ones in there.


Watermelon harvest - haven't tasted yet.


Brassica in the orchard field.

Oats in the orchard field.

Still soybeans in the orchard field but they've been grazed hard.  They will keep eating the leaves as long as they last and then the will munch on the beans into winter.

Clover at the pond field.  This is where the 9 point was grazing on Saturday night.


The new (lower) pond field clover.

More brassica in the orchard field.



Clover in the main field.


Driveway stand - soybeans, brassica and clover.


Barn stand - clover.

Apple on the way to blog author's mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment