Monday, November 7, 2011

A Quick Visit - Has the Rut Begun?

Amy visited this weekend so I didn't make it to the farm until Sunday.  I checked cameras and worked on the new hi-rise stand (carpet and camo cloth).  I also hunted on Sunday evening, spent the night, and left for work in Lexington on Monday morning.


This nice 10 pointer showed up on camera twice.  I don't think that I've seen him before.

This shot was encouraging - a buck who appears to be chasing a doe during the last of daylight.
This shot was taken from the driveway stand on Sunday evening.  These four does came out and fed for awhile.  They got spooked and ran up into the main field.  Then I heard another deer stomping around in the woods.  After about 30 minutes, a single very nervous doe came out and fed for a little while.  The only buck that I saw was a small spike who has apparently lost one of his antlers.
Here's some of the random events from the trailcams followed by some of the lower quality buck photos from this week.










No comments:

Post a Comment