Sunday, March 11, 2012

Joan Checks on the Construction Job

Joan felt up to the 2 hour drive (each way) so we headed out to the farm on Sunday.  It was a glorious day with highs near 70.  I purchased some new cherry trees and they needed to be planted quickly.  So that was the main chore for the day.
Joan and the dogs check out the new room.  Van had sealed the slab and he plans to start setting the ceramic tile on Monday.

View out the new windows.  You can see down to the pond and the high-rise stand.

The new windows from out on the porch.  The room extends almost to the double door.

The siding is going on the outside of the room (inside the barn).  Van thinks that he'll be done with everything by Wed. this week.
The ground was pretty wet for planting and the clay soil is not easy to dig.  I made kind of a mess with the tractor scooping off the first few inches of topsoil.  I've been getting a lot of pressure from my Dad to increase my cherry production.  He has an afinity for cherry pie.  I keep planting more and more cherry trees - I'm trying Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment