Sunday, October 27, 2013

Season Prep - Stand Cleaning Etc

I waited until after the first freeze to clean stands this year - made dealing with the wasps much more civilized.
Tried my best to protect the high-rise this year but still had a bunch of bird poop to deal with.
It cleaned up nicely though.

Driveway stand and barn stand both had wasps, mice and tons of sawdust.  I couldn't see bore holes or anything to explain the sawdust.
Mouse poop and sawdust.
The new high-rise with desk chair.
 A licking branch and scrape in the foreground at the driveway stand.  A desk chair in the background on it's way up to the stand.
The same scrape the next morning with a fresh buck turd in it.
Poop of the week - fresh coyote poop in the driveway.  I don't know what nut or fruit it is they were eating but it didn't digest well.  Joan and I spotted a coyote beside the driveway on our drive out this afternoon.
In front of the barn stand are the remnants of a turkey.  My guess is that a coyote got hold of one here.
A rub on a large pine - same spot had been rubbed in previous years.
The clover looks good right now and has been grazed hard.  There are no acorns - not white oak or red oak or chestnut oak.  None.  I've heard from some others in central OH that they have no acorns this year either.  Could be a tough winter for the deer.
I spent a couple hours in the driveway stand Saturday night.  I pushed three does out of the field getting into the stand at 4:00. This little doe came out by herself.
I had a parade of 11 does and one spike buck wander out before dark.  Most of them eventually seemed to scent me.
Joan made a home made (from scratch) apple spice cake.  It was a winner.
Sunrise Sunday morning.  I busted about 6 does out of the soybeans getting into my blind.  All I did was push deer this weekend.
Lots of coyotes around

Also grey fox.  Sometimes I see red fox, sometimes grey fox.





Daylight.  Shooter stepping out by barn stand.



AM and PM messed up on this camera.
But daylight buck movement.

Cute.



Daylight coming to High-rise stand.

There are still apples dropping.

No comments:

Post a Comment