Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Farmers Shouldn't Vacation in May

I knew that I was neglecting things when I went to Africa.  The field in the picture is supposed to be clover and is taken over by thistle.
The grass is out of hand in the fields. 
This clover field has a weed infestation too. 
Recent storms have damaged some trees. 
This is the main clover field and there's no clover to be found.  I will have to plow this under and replant in the fall. 
The driveway field has lots of clover but also weeds. 
I'm going to try to reclaim most of the clover fields with mowing.
It makes it look better.
These were plowed fields that I didn't get planted yet.  I disked them back up. 
I went to plant the sunflowers and found that the mice had invaded the seed bag.
I got the sunflowers in this field by the firepit.  I haven't had the fertilizer spread yet this year due to rain etc.  It may not happen. 
I also got the soybeans in the orchard field. 
It's getting late and I have to get the pumpkins in the ground.  I tried this planting innovation. 
I used this bar to cut the planting row.  I got about 1/3 of the field planted - not sure when I will have the time/weather to get the rest in.  I'm running out of time for the pumpkins to mature.
 
 
Not enough time to check cameras - there will be at least a month's worth when I finally get to it.  Between travel, family events, and weather, I just may not get everything planted this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment