Sunday, July 13, 2014

Chores, Chores, Chores

Joan decided to stay home this week and I got a good day and a half of work done (in spite of the 90+ temps).  I'm still behind but making progress. 
Some of the pumpkin patch looks pretty good.  We haven't had any rain in several weeks.  Spotty thunderstorms going on as I write this - hope that the farm gets some of it.
Some of the rows are mostly weeds and there are whole sections of rows where nothing came up but weeds.  I worked on it but didn't get even 1/2 the rows weeded.
This sunflower field is looking pretty good.
This one has more weeds and looks drier.
 Soybean field is ok - I got it sprayed with Roundup today.  We'll see how many soybeans there are next week after the weeds wilt.
One of the plots that I didn't get planted.  Planning to plant in about a month.  I hit it with Roundup too.
 Same story on this one - had turnips last year.  Will plant in August.
 The clover is starting to look parched - definitely need rain.
 Some weeds in this field - too hot to spray.  I mowed part of it.
 The main field that I plowed last week.  Hope to plant it in August.
 Blackberries are ripe but pretty tart.  I picked and ate a few.
 I'm now getting "Golden Buckeye" mail from the Dept. of Aging!
 A few trailcams from last weekend.
 Eric out for a spin.
Walking the dogs.

Mid-July bucks looking pretty good.  Another 6 weeks of antler growing to go.
Well outside the ears already.

 Nice brow tines already.

 Bad camera aim but this is a mutant with weird right side.
 Another view.
 I re-aimed the camera.  We'll see how well next week.

 The one in back looks better.


 Already sampling apples.
At a mineral lick.





Turkeys.
 Coyote.
 Setting a deer feed protein block.  Re-aimed this camera too.
Another mineral site.
 Camera tour.
Bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment