Saturday, August 9, 2014

Quick Visit For Planting

Rain was forecast for the weekend so I ran out on Friday to try to get my Fall food plots planted ahead of the rain.  The real farmer has a great field of soybeans right at the gate.
My soybeans don't look quite the same.  I plant "forage soybeans" but I don't think that's the difference.
 The deer chomp off the top of every one of my plants - I'm not sure why they don't do the same for the farmer.
 We are still fighting the mice in the cabin.
 I got the main field disked and dragged.
 I'm planting with a broadcast spreader.
 The main field (2 acres) is in turnips and oats this year.  The other two plots are in a chicory/clover mix.
 This is the plot beside the new hi-rise.
 And the one near the pond hi-rise.
 The sunflowers near the firepit are starting to bloom.  They didn't do that great this year.
 The first few rows of pumpkins are doing great.
 They were planted earlier and have been weeded.
 Some pumpkins evident.
 Zucchini and squash are in bumper crop mode.  This is 5 days worth.
 I seem to have a lot of these too - spaghetti squash?
 My late planted pumpkins are a weedy mess.  Oh well.
The other sunflower field is closer to peak.  Next weekend should be super.
 Most of the clover is looking good.
The grape arbor with a turkey feather under it.
 Getting ripe.
 Red apples.
 Green apples.
 Pears.
 McIntosh apples.
 The fields have a bunch of this pink flower that I don't remember seeing in previous years. 
 Maybe because we had such a great growing season this year?
 Last week touring photos.

The models posing.



Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment