Sunday, May 22, 2016

Surely The Rain Will Stop

 Stopped by on Thursday on the way home from a conference in Pittsburgh.  Dumped this much out.
 I was hoping to turn some of the fields that I want to plant.  This is what I found.
 Came back on Saturday and found this again.  Ugh.
 Since it was so nice and wet, I decided to burn some accumulated stuff including the crate that my African mounts arrived in.
 It burned nicely.
 Pretty much over in no time.
 Glad to have that pit for burning.
 Not much to do in the fields so I did some barn work.  Changed the muffler on this old John Deere.
 The old one had fallen off and I ran it over with the disks.
 I made an addition to the fleet this week.  I'm hoping that this will help with weed control in the pumpkin patch (if I ever get to plant).
 Some of the guys from work that were also at the conference stopped by for a quick tour.
At least the sun was out (even if it was a muddy mess).



Van and Donny got some trail maintenance in between rain storms.
I did some mowing last week.
 I got the spreader mounted and wired up.
 Dave ran a triathlon in Batavia and then stopped by with the family.
We made the camera run between rain showers.
 He is such a jock nowadays.

 His babies still like to sit in his lap though.
It was chilly enough on Saturday evening for a fire and for smores.
 Dawn found a turtle crossing the driveway.  It looked different than the normal box turtles that we see - that's an old shell beside the live turtle.
 We think that we identified it as a painted turtle - they are aquatic.  Not sure what he was doing high and dry.
 He had some interesting red stripes.
 Sunday was a much nicer day.
 We had a few birds at the feeder.
 Trailcams had the usual suspects.  Coyote.
Buck starting on antlers.
 Turkeys.

 Possum.
Very pregnant does.

Bit of a bulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment