Sunday, January 22, 2017

New Weather Station

 My children got me a new, IPhone compatible, weather station for Christmas.  It was a challenge to get the boxes to the right place but we eventually got it here.
 It takes a time lapse photo of the sky, measures temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind direction, wind speed, and rain.  It talks to the wifi and feeds info to an app on my phone.  And it has solar cells to keep the battery charged.
 This is one of the sensors with the camera on top.  I chose to put it here even though part of the sky will be blocked.  I may move it later.
 This unit is the wind and rain sensor.  The barn may affect readings on wind from the northeast.
 A look at what I see in the app.  It was a challenge to get this thing setup.  Documentation is not this startup company's strong suit.
 The deer have been nibbling turnips.  The clover actually looks good.
I thought that this might be bobcat tracks but I see claws so more likely coyote or dog.
 I sat in the pond stand.  Not much happening.  Saw one small buck.
Very warm for January.  High over 60.
 Nice evening though.


 The cameras still show good action.  I put out some corn this week so next time should be busy.



 I took a walk looking for shed antlers but didn't find any.




The bobcat and coyotes haven't affected the turkeys much.


 Lots of small bucks for next year.






Plenty of does.



Do they know where the cameras are?
It was cold that day.

A lot warmer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment