Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weather Station Relo

 I temporarily installed my new Bloomsky weather station a couple weeks ago.  So, I decided to sink a post where it can be mounted with a clearer view of the sky.
 The braces are temporary (I hope).  I put a bag of sacrete in there.
 Final installation.  Left unit is the "Storm".  It measures rain, wind, etc.  Right unit is the "Sky2".  It measures temperature, barometric pressure, and takes a time lapsed video of the sky.  It may still be a little blocked by the barn and hill but it should be pretty accurate.
 Sky view in the app.
 I did some other chores like burning accumulated cardboard.
 Also, I rode most of the trails and cleared downed trees.
 I peeked at a neighbors property that backs up on Carter's Run.  There's a ladder stand on that field edge.
 Last week while out for a walk.
 I put corn out last week.
 First visitor - a possum.
 Lots of activity.
 Doe is facing off with a possum.





 The new camera wasn't aimed very well.  I had it on a hillside and it needed to be angled down farther.
 I made an adjustment today - we'll see next time if it was enough.



 Can't believe that this guy is still hanging on to that one side.
 He's been this was for at least two weeks.
 Another one who has dropped one.




 Nice looking buck.





 Good buck.







 Fox.  No coyotes this week.
Hopefully this one will be aimed lower next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment