Sunday, February 19, 2017

Winter Visitors, Weather Station, Drone

 This is the final installation of the Bloomsky weather station.  One of the things that it does is take time lapsed sky photos.  Here's a couple of recent examples.

Bloomsky Timelapse 1

Bloomsky Timelapse 2
It also tracks a number of weather stats and displays conditions on a phone app and in the PC browser. This is the Sky - it does the time lapse photos, temperature, humidity and pressure.
This is the Storm - it does wind and rain.
 It was supposed to be a beautiful weekend and Dave, Dawn, Graham and Grant stopped by.  As you can see, it was warm for February but it was cloudy and rained a little bit. I guess that we shouldn't complain.
 Candy toured with us.
 Joan picked up this cake.  We had no choice.  We had to be sociable.
 I flew the drone and the boys were playing some football.  I got a little NFL-like coverage from the drone.
Grant out for a pass
 It looked like a pretty even match.
Graham Drops One
Dreary day.  No color in the woods.
Big difference from just a few moths ago.
 I passed thru Dubois PA recently and managed to look up Joe.
He surprised me with some hand-loads for the 30-06.  I haven't had a chance to try them yet.
I flew the drone again on Sunday.
 Going up.
And up.
And up.
 I also took a walk and found a few small sheds.
 These were both about the same size.
The one was found beside the turnips.  They are working on them now.
I collected a few to put in front of the camera.
Out for my walk.  I saw this post from another blogger in the area.  Adams County Sick Deer  That's a bit worrisome.  I hope it's not CWD which has been infecting herds in nearby states.
 Lots of visibility thru the woods at this time of year.
We found the remains of this young buck.  I think that I had found it last year.
Poop of the week.  It's an interesting one.  Everything has washed away except the fur.  I'm pretty sure that the creature that left this wasn't a vegetarian.
Red Bellied Woodpecker peeking out around the feeder.
Sunrise Saturday - before the clouds rolled in.
I put a new battery in this atv and took it out for a spin.  I have two Sportsman 500's from 2001 and they each only have about 250 hours.  I end up using the Rangers most of the time.

 A fox showed up overnight last night.
Not sure why I included this - my Superbowl snacks.  Jalapeno peppers, stuffed with cream cheese, with a bite of meat, wrapped in bacon and seasoned with seasoned salt.  I learned about them using quail breasts but I had to resort to chicken this time. Pretty good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment