Sunday, August 13, 2017

Apples Have Arrived - Early?

 0.2" of rain.  It's been very dry.
 Barn field brassica still spotty.  Hoping it will improve with rain.
 Oats and Brassica at one end of the main field.
 There's some weeds in there too.
I planted clover in the rest of the field.  Need rain.
 Weeds in the pumpkin patch are prospering.
Did some muzzleloader shooting off sticks.
Bottom target has three shots from 125.  Two were inside the 9 ring and the other one I forgot to compensate for the distance.  It has shrapnel damage from plate hits.  The top target is from 150.  Not sure why I was biased high and right.
 This is what the reticle looks like.  Zeroed at 100 and then circles for longer shots.
Did a little trail repair with the Bobcat.
 Several butterfly types.
 They seem to like the thistles - I don't.
 Poop of the week under the apple trees.
These are some McIntosh harvested from one of my newer trees.
 The big old trees are loaded and appear ripe early.
 The bucks are already picking them.
 And they are attracting a crowd.













 The hickory branch still gets a lot of attention.





 I have hundreds of photos of these two.






 Fawns growing up.
Deer and turkey.
 Coyote on the hunt.
Chased something under the bush.



 Persimmons.
I did some battle with vines trying to smother pine trees.  Too much to do, too little time.

1 comment:

  1. Is it too early to ask for a muzzleloader invite? I hope some of those guys decide to stick around, unlike last year.

    ReplyDelete