Sunday, January 7, 2018

It's Cold! (Part 2)

 I did the last post before breakfast - waiting for things to warm up a bit. So I eventually bundled up and went out for a hike.
 This is one of my Xmas gifts - a Zippo hand warmer.
 I gave it a try and it worked great.  Seems a little odd to have burning butane in your pocket but it works.
 On some of the cameras, I found old shots that must have been on camera memory instead of the card for some reason.  Here's one where Charlie shows up.  I think he was missing in all the previous ones.

 Anyway, this was me spreading some cracked corn yesterday.  I walked around and checked most of the cameras.  In some places they found the corn and in others it was virtually untouched over night.
 This was one of the more active spots.
 First this buck.
 Then this one and a number of does.





 Picked up an oak leaf?

 This was the scene of the overnight activity with the camera on the tree trunk.
 This is a different spot that went untouched.  In addition to corn, Joan cleaned out the fridge and there's apples, carrots, celery, potatoes, and even a couple jalapenos.  
 The prairie plot.  Some of these grasses are 5' tall.
 A look over the top.
 Looking in across the main field to the barn.
The visibility in the woods is amazing with white snow on the ground.  I can see thru this valley and up the opposite hillside.
 A comfy deer bed that I came upon.  I pushed four does on my walk.
 Picked up a stick along the way.
 A little bit of corn has to be a welcome treat in this weather.


 Still sparing.
 Adolescents!
Mom and twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment