Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spring - Really?

 We had another dusting of snow - this coyote doesn't seem to mind.
 I did some chores on Saturday including burning some debris in the firepit.  On Sunday morning, it was chilly but most of the snow had melted so I went for a walk.  I followed a lot of the deer trails on the field edges looking for shed antlers.  No luck.
 This is the walk - not as many steps or flights of stairs as my last walk.
There are a few things trying to green up.  I think this is honeysuckle vine.
 And I think that this is multiflora rose.  Is it a coincidence that the invasives are greening first?
 Moss.
 I'm always amazed by the random bones that I find out in the woods.  Usually I don't find a whole skeleton.
Do you think that is a nest on that snag?  If so, something fairly large made it.
 The fruit trees are budded.
 I'm not sure how much longer this cherry tree is going to last.
 Crab apple.
 Pear tree is blooming.
 I ran a few of the machines that have been sitting all winter.
The bucket on the Bobcat has been changed from digging teeth to a cutting bar.  We'll see if that works better for the trail maintenance.
 I'm just giving them their first taste of minerals.
I put more out in May, June and July.
 The best evidence of spring is the turkeys.

 The gobblers are strutting.  I didn't hear any gobbles this morning though.


















 Coyote

Fox
 Could it be?
 The bobcat?



Late antlers.



 Buttons


Ears back - fight mode.

 And the ever increasing packs of dogs.






No comments:

Post a Comment