Sunday, April 15, 2018

Two Hour Break in the Rain

 Overnight, evidence emerged of a roof leak around the chimney pipe for the stove.  That's a fair weather job to get up on the roof an inspect the flashing.
 Everything is saturated.  It is supposed to pour for the rest of the day.  I headed out during the pause.
 I chose this moment to go find the corner of the property in the creek bottom.  I wanted to drive one of my new pink fence posts so that I could find it again in the future.  It is about 300' elevation drop and it is steep enough to require all fours to navigate it.
 This is the creek at the bottom.  It runs dry in the summer.  I couldn't find any photo that did justice to the steepness of the hillsides.
The property corner was actually across the creek.  I drove my fence post next to the old rebar pin.
The surveyors had marked it up with ribbon pretty well.
 I'm looking up the one property line here and there are ribbons and painted trees across the creek.
Looking back from up the hill just a bit.
Looking up the hill along the line.
 And back down to the pin near the beech stump.
 Back up the creek bed.
 Climbing higher.
The line goes cross hill below that little cave.

Looking down the creek bed.
 You can get a little sense of the steepness with the paint marks on the trees in the background.
Looking cross-hill.
Back down the line to the creek.

I got in and the skies opened up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment