Monday, November 19, 2018

Gun Season Prep


I got one afternoon at the farm - first time in awhile.  It was a lovely day.
 Got out the 45-70.  I wasn't sure what load we shot last year but I had 2 boxes of a 325 grain Hornady lever load.  Original group shot low and a little right.  I adjusted and aimed for the upper right bullseye.  Close enough.
I also got out the muzzleloader.  It gets terribly inaccurate when not cleaned.  I don't think that the load seats all the way.  Anyway, got it sort of ok.

I also shot a group with the 300WM.  It shot a nice group 2 1/2" high like it was supposed to.  There is only one explanation for the lucky miss on my elk - operator error.
The food plots still have a lot of food in them.
Some years they are grazed to nothing before gun season.  We should be good this year.

 Lots of good clover left.
 Not sure what this means for winter?
This rub is on at least a 6" trunk.
View from the pond stand.
Beautiful evening.
 Ended up seeing 9 does and two bucks.  Hard to tell but a nice 10 point is out.
Thru the binos at 95 yards.
 Finished up last years back straps.
I had about 3 weeks activity on the cameras.
Lots of daylight buck traffic.

 This is a familiar 9.




Junior












Junior

The 10 point who was out.


 Junior








 Also lots of varmints.
Red Fox
Bobcat
Coyotes
 Grey Fox


 A little turkey activity

Does he know it's Thanksgiving time?

No comments:

Post a Comment