Sunday, February 3, 2019

For the Nature Geeks

One of the blogs that I have stumbled across is about a Wisconsin farm where the owners have been working to restore native habitat (for 20 years).  This is their website where they describe what they are up to Prairie Haven

Anyway, I found this video/slideshow of their photography thru the seasons Prairie Haven Slideshow 2018  It is 16 minutes long but, if you enjoy nature, it is enjoyable.  The soundtrack is the birds and sounds that happen there.  It's a beautiful piece of property.

This is my other favorite prairie blog The Prairie Ecologist

And, I'm not much for Facebook but this page Naturalist Notebook Facebook has weekly community submitted nature photos (heavy on the birds).  Anyway, there are some great photos every week.  I followed them in Facebook and those galleries just show up in my feed when posted.

Hopefully there is some relief from "Cabin Fever" above for those of us who have been experiencing the polar vortex.

No comments:

Post a Comment