Sunday, May 12, 2019

Fish Restock and Another Wet One



We stopped at Jones Fish on the way out and picked up some more fish for the pond.
I just got 6 each of good sized bass and bluegills.  I'm thinking that I have a population in there already.
 I also got 6 pounds of fathead minnows and 3 pounds of golden shiners.  Basically food for the bigger fish (which are food for the herons).
Getting ready for the release.
Clouds of minnows visible.
I also gave it a treatment of this stuff.  Microbes that eat up the food for the algae.  Will try to stay ahead of it this year.
Saturday turned out nicer than expected.  I alternated between tractors until the rain started.
I've had 3 morning turkey hunts this year and they've all been washouts.
Not a bird or a gobble this week.
A cold front came thru with the rain - the pond was steaming.
Green up appears to be complete.
I stopped on the way home from Pittsburgh this week and got a few plots disked when the weather was nice.
I even got some sunflowers planted.  The John Deere tractor is still acting up - bogs down when warm and under load.  I have to take the disk off and put it on the Kubota to get any work done.
The pumpkin patch.  Still weeks away from planting.
Keeping the minerals supplied.  Various brands.  The grass got long.

And they are being utilized.
High traffic.
Coons too.



Looking pretty pregnant.
A visit from the bobcat.

Coyotes.
Lost in the long grass.

A little bit of turkey traffic.

The usual dogs.
Out for a walk in the rain.

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment