Sunday, May 19, 2019

Planting, No AC, Tree Down, No Turkeys, Etc


 I was hoping for field work but 1.5" in the rain gauge didn't look good.
 Sunflowers that I planted a week ago are up but fields are wet.
 This is currently my best plot - clover and chicory.  Five bucks out in this field on Saturday night.
I roundup'd this plot.  Everything died except those damn thistles.  I think I'll keep working on it and plant this plot for Fall.
 Driveway plot - I mowed it.  Lots of weeds - nearing the end of a perennial clover planting.
 I decided that it was dry enough by Saturday evening.  I disked up 4 plots.
 I had given up on mixes due to weed control issues.  Going to give it another try.  Powerplant.  Soybeans, sunflowers, peas, sunn hemp, etc.
First real hot day of the year and guess what?  Air conditioner not working.  Got to mid 80's outside.  My neighbor Ron is going to see what he can do with it.
Pumpkin plot turned a few times.
 I did burn accumulated stuff.
 And it didn't get away from me -yeah!
After a hard day's work.  No bites.
Full moon while grilling.
 Turkey hunting last week.
Covered some ground.
 Less motivated this week.  Not one gobble.
Poop of the week - buck bomb.
 Lots of these out in the woods.
 Black raspberries flowering.
 Orchard plot filing in (with weeds mostly).
 In preparation for a grandkid visit, I was cleaning the bugs out of the playhouse and found this 5 lined skink.
 I had a 3' to 4' snake swim away from me at the pond - some kind of water snake?
Van and Donnie put me in a new door - the last one had a rotten frame.
 The prairie plot on the line where I had mowed.
 Pretty wet but I got mowing done last week and this week.  There might be a few ruts.
 As Ron and I were checking out the air conditioner, Joan saw a gust of wind take out a large tree.  We went down to investigate.
 It had a bit of a rotten core.
And was a good sized tree - right across one of my trails.
Not sure what it was - looks like an ash?
 After I checked this camera, I found 10 ticks on my pants.
Bobcat
Coyote
 Grey fox
 Red fox
Young bobcat?

 Coyote
Grey fox
 Red fox
Coyote
 The elusive gobbler
Buck
Buck
 Nice buck
 Pregnant doe
Buck
 Buck
Does
Buck
Pregnant doe
 Buck
 Dog
 Dog
 Cat
 Cat
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment