Saturday, June 15, 2019

A Break in the Rain, Tractors Fixed


 Finally a sunny day.  It was unclear whether the fields would be dry enough to do anything though.  I had another inch in the rain gauge.  This is the pumpkin patch that I planted a couple weeks ago.  Only 1/3 of the patch planted - no time or weather to do the rest (yet).
I was pressed for time so I rototilled the previous plantings - no time to hoe the rows.
 This row was just a week old.

The other 2/3 of the plot had a bloom of weeds and hadn't been planted yet.  Although I had previously disked and nicely smoothed it, I decided to just disk it again.  No time for smoothing etc.
I got 4 more rows planted before I ran out of time.  I'm down to planting varieties that only take 90 days but you never know when the rain is going to just stop.
Tractor news - the John Deere ran great for the disking.  The Kubota appears to be fixed but I haven't had time to bush-hog with it to be sure.  Final answer - replace the fuel lines from tank to filter and from filter to injector pump. Bush-hogging is going to be a test since everything is about hip-high.
I guess there's a reason that the manual says to replace fuel lines every two years.  Mine made it 15 years.

Some items of interest.

SCI on CBS Report on Trophy Hunting

CBS News Video On Trophy Hunting (25 minutes)

Article With Nature Photos

Alligator With Knife in Head

Washington Post on Coyotes and Wolves

No comments:

Post a Comment