Sunday, December 15, 2019

Hawk Discovery, Birdseed Buck Survives

 This caught our eye while coming down the driveway.  What could that be at the base of that utility pole?
 It was a rather large hawk and it was quite dead.  My first thought was that it was the harrier that Eric and I had watched hunt the main field - but it wasn't the right shape for that.  Just guessing that it somehow got itself electrocuted up there?
 Impressive talons.  No visible exterior wounds.
I turned him over and could see some red at the base of his tail feathers.  Red tail hawk?

Anyway, it's a mystery.
 Joan's birdseed buck showed up on camera this week.
 I'm glad to see that he survived gun season.
Several bobcat shots.  This guy looks like a bruiser.
And this one almost looks dainty.  Could be camera perspective but I think not.
 I have had several sightings of this creature.  What could it be?
A weasel of some sort?  Not a mink?
 We turned on the outside light to check for the birdseed buck and look what we found.  When we did this last week, Tommy said there was a cat out there.  Nope, it's a possum.
I spent Saturday night in stand and nothing was moving.  Sunday morning had a few does on their feet.
 They didn't stay long.  Momma hustled them across the field and into the woods.
Just another fresh rub beside one of my cameras.
 Some photos from gun week.  Here's Eric and Tommy on the way to the turkey blind.
Somebody couldn't resist hamming it up.
On my way in one morning.
Bored a short time later and up for a walk.
Camera tour.

 Emerging after trying to get deer moving for the other guys.
 Creigh
Eric
 Wonder if I caused this stampede.
 They are finally utilizing the blocks that I put out.
A turkey confab.





Gun bonus weekend next week.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment