Friday, December 6, 2019

Still Trying - No Luck Yet

No more buck action at the  bird feeders.  Doesn't look like he's even visited at night.  We did see a possum under there though.
 The second wave of hunters made it to camp.
 Tommy has been keeping Grandma company while the hunters are out.
Dave's gut pile - I put a camera on it to see who might visit. Dave asked me if I had it aimed low enough...
...and I didn't.  But I did catch the turkey vultures on the way in.
 It's amazing that they find this stuff in miles of woods.
 Not much left except some stomachs.
 There is ample evidence of bucks but no sightings of mature ones.
 Many more candidates for poop of the week.
We've been seeing lots of does and a few young bucks.
 Rubs and scrapes everywhere,

We have harvested some other wildlife - two so far.
 Dave and I scouting for turkey blind locations
Dave on the way into it.
Me on a different morning.
On his way for the short tracking job.
 Dave and I had quite a time getting this old blind up.
We were afraid to put it back down so we transported it all over the place before deciding to put it down.

 Camera tour with Joan, Tommy, Eric and Creigh.

 We've had good weather until today - raining now (as I write this).



Somebody letting dogs run during gun season - not smart.
We've had lots of does out each evening.
 There have been no daylight sightings of this guy.







I believe that I've watched this guy a couple times.








One side guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment