Sunday, May 10, 2020

Hunter Taunting Continues

I haven't spent a lot of time hunting turkeys this year but I've got a few hours invested with nothing to show for it.
 On Sunday morning, I decided to sleep in.  When I got up and took the dog out to pee, there were two gobblers strutting in front of my empty blind.  When I came in and sat down at my computer, this hen came into the bird feeders.
 She stayed for quite awhile just to taunt me.  Here's a couple videos of the action.
Turkey and Woodpecker

Turkey Closeup
 And then, on the cameras I find this kind of stuff.
 Nice fan on that bird.
 Another on entering frame on right.
More strutting.
I'm not sure what she's doing.
 You may have to enlarge this photo to see that there are two turkeys in the field and two other large birds about to land.

And I never heard a gobble this week.
This is the salamander pond.  It's harder to see stuff in there now.  I can catch movement as something disappears below the leaf litter on the bottom.
This is the frog pond with a puddle at the overflow.  This puddle has shown us quite a bit of activity.
 This week the salamanders were visible and the tadpoles weren't.   There are two in this frame.
A closer view and a video (not much happening other than hanging out).
Salamander Hangout
I did finally clear "Grandma's tree" from blocking one of the trails.
 And I dealt with this "deadman" leaner over another trail.
I'm still finding morels but just a few at a time now.  We had some in our Mother's Day scrambled eggs.
There were a couple of mayapple blooms but they seemed to be associated with deer browsing.
 They have chomped off a number of leaves.
 The Seek app says that these are Mica Caps.
I forget what this one was.
 I think this was violet woodsorrel.
 Virginia spiderwort.  I didn't get a good photo but I believe that I saw a scarlet tanager too.
 Hmmm.
 Philadelphia Fleabane.
Some photos on the camera from last week when the kids were still here.





 Coyotes


 Looks preggers.
 Buck
Young.

No comments:

Post a Comment