Monday, October 19, 2020

Pumpkin Climax

 After several load outs this week, the field is done and I bush-hogged it.


But I still have a ton of pumpkins that need to find a home.  This is what's left after my last two load-outs.

My load for home on Thursday.  I did another one on Sunday.


Some guys from work came up to take a load of them to the office.

As long as they were here, we might as well have some fun.


We needed to defend ourselves from the pumpkin menace.

It seems that we prevailed. 

Some people just have to take a trophy.

As long as I was there, I spent an evening in stand.  I saw 16 does and two shooter bucks.  I had a small 10 point at 34 yards and passed.

When I came back on Saturday, I chose to go up the pond stand.  Maybe I should have checked it out earlier.

What is it with these raccoons that they have to leave me "calling cards"?

A look around from the stand.




Eventually 5 does came to visit.

And then a respectable 8 point buck.  He has squiggly browtines that grew out in a "V".

Sunset on Saturday evening.

And sunrise n Sunday morning.

It is the season - persimmons.

Staghorn sumac.

Maples on the field edge.

A few photos on camera from grandkids a couple weeks ago.


We miss Astrid (Amy's puppy) who kept our puppy (Violet) worn out.


This scrape near the driveway stand has been drawing a lot of attention.









Lots of "junk" on this guy.


Split

First fox in awhile.

There's still a bobcat in the neighborhood. 




No comments:

Post a Comment