Sunday, October 25, 2020

Pumpkins Done

The pumpkin patch has been cleared out, the tape is down, and it has been mowed over.

After completing my chores, I went to the driveway stand for the evening.  That raccoon had been up here pooping too.

I had 3 does work down from the main field.  Light wind in my face and they were unconcerned.

I thought it may be a good evening since it was cool and calm.  They worked down to feed on acorns.

They went all the way around behind me and back out into the clover.  While they were out there, another doe was honking the alert from behind me in the woods.  Apparently she got a whiff of me - it didn't bother these does.  The just kept feeding but no one joined them.

In the morning, I loaded the last load of pumpkins.

I cleaned all the rotten ones off the porch.

And we have some inventory at home now to move to friends.

The birds seem to have gone south - except for this bluejay.  Nobody is visiting our feeders anymore.

A little variety - I don't usually include the possum's, coons and skunks in the blog.

Only the coyotes showing up this week to represent the predators.

A couple of daylight buck shots - on a foggy day.


There are a few respectable shooters wandering around.










I hope to have a close encounter with one soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment