Sunday, October 11, 2020

Pumpkin Mania (and Gourds and Squash)

I have a big backlog of material to blog about.  I need to write several more posts about our elk hunt and I have thousands of trailcams to review - they were accumulated over the three weeks while I was gone.  I will chip away at those things as time allows.

In the meantime, my daughter Amy and her two kids, Lucy and Charlie, stayed with Joan in my absence,  They were doing remote learning anyway.  We also have two puppies in the equation.  Violet is our new golden doodle (white on the face) and Amy has Astrid, a standard poodle.  Our 12 year old golden doodle, Chloe, isn't too sure.

So when I got home from Wyoming, we loaded up and headed to the farm before Amy and crew went home to Virginia.

Charlie and I headed out to the farm as the advance party. Grandpa knows that we need sustenance for these trips.


The colors are just starting here in Southern Ohio.

Charlie and I had a few minutes to go fishing before the rest of the crew arrived.

We spent basically all day Saturday in the pumpkin patch.

Lots of different helpers involved in this effort.

We harvested some of the best looking specimens and hauled them up to the porch.

But our work never ends.  There are so many more out there.




The porch is the staging area where we wash and evaluate them.

I'm having a bumper crop this year.  Now it's a question of harvest and haul.

Morning cuddles are the best.  My sister says that this lamp shade looks like I'm wearing a fez.


So Amy had limited space and had to decide which ones to pick to take home with her.

We also managed to get the little puppies out for a walk in the woods.


Some of the puppy-mania in the cabin.

Chloe has her reservations about these two ill-mannered bundles of energy.

Amy's packing job. Dog crate, bicycles, baggage, etc. 

This is my load this week.  I clearly need to make several more runs.

Joan is just getting started on the decorations at home.  And we have neighbors to supply.



No comments:

Post a Comment