Monday, January 11, 2021

First Visit in Awhile

With the holidays and other diversions, it had been awhile since we had any farm time.  Some of the photos on the trailcams went all the way back to gun season - like this one.

We had also been out for the bonus weekend.

No success either time.

While we were gone over Christmas, we apparently had a snowfall.


Some of my security cameras had been acting up recently.  The cause was not a surprise - mouse nibbles.

They've been unbelievable.  They got the dishwasher drain line, the drier vent hose, and the camera wiring.  All this activity seems to be since I put in the electronic high-frequency deterrents.  But the traps have been unproductive lately - maybe it did drive them out.

The food plots are getting nibbled down.  

But there's still a fair amount of food out there.





This plot has the turnips and radishes.

Lots of evidence of them still eating both the greens and the bulbs.




I spent Saturday evening in stand and saw 6 does over in the driveway plot.  They were the only things moving.  Sunset.

This is Sunday morning sunrise.

I did my annual mowing of 1/3 of the prairie plot.  This is replacing burning which would be the most beneficial.

This keeps the bushes and trees from invading.  I try to do it on frozen ground.

When I was finished and pulled up to the fuel tanks, it seemed like the deck was tilted and digging up the ground.

I found a part missing on the stabilizer for the hitch.  It's always something.

I had a couple of nice walks in the woods.  I haven't brought the turkey blind back in yet.

The bucks have been doing the regular destructive rubbing.


I found this little nest - do you think it is a hummingbird nest?  It's less than 2" in diameter.

Poop of the week - just the fur/hair left in this coyote pile after the rain washed the rest away.

I did the camera tour on foot which was about a 2 mile walk.



Happy New Year - hoping for better in 2021.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment