Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Chore Day

The weather was glorious and I thought the fields had to be dry.  So I made a mid-week chore day out of it and also met Baxla Tractor who was returning my old John Deere.  After fighting issues with it bogging down for over a year, it turned out to be an ignition coil that was degrading.  All good now.

There was another 0.5" in the rain gauge and, in spite of several sunny and dry days, it was still a bit wet.  I ran the tractor rototiller between some of the wide rows.
I had pretty good germination in most of the rows.  Of course, the weed germination was mind-boggling.  Just a couple days made a big difference on the sunflowers. I think that they'll win the race with the weeds in this spot.
So I got out the walk-behind rototiller and the hoe and went to work on the rest of the field.
I didn't get anymore rain but this showed up anyway.

Lots of weeds in the summer annual food plot but I can see the good stuff too.

The clover is really in good shape right now.
The final product in the pumpkin patch with the tape up all the way around.
I have a momentary lead in the race with the weeds.

After a long day, I headed home to Mason where we had these uninvited guests in our pool earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment