Monday, August 16, 2021

Rain Arrives

It's been dry for a couple weeks (really since shortly after I planted my fall plots).  But when I arrived on Sunday there was 0.3" in the gauge and by Monday noon, another 0.6" was added.  So the rain was welcome for a number of reasons.

My main field plot (above) is Pure Attraction - oats and brassica.  The main field stand plot is Beets & Greens - sugar beets, radishes etc.  Both are looking pretty good but there is a blush of summer annual weeds too.  We'll see what happens after this rain.

The pumpkin patch is a jungle.
There's good stuff in there but it is hard to find it among the grass and weeds.
A few pumpkins are already turning orange.
The zucchini seem to be doing just fine.  They're pretty hearty.
I got the tiller out and did around the edges.  I guess that I could have cropped my finger out of this shot.
Monday morning rain and fog.
Lots of butterflies about - especially swallowtails.
Some trailcams from last weekend - I don't remember what was so interesting up there.
Our hike.
Lots of Ranger rides.
Even in pj's.
Helper with the mowing.


Peek-a-boo.

Now that turkey season is over, they are everywhere,
The three amigos.




Poults growing up.
Dusting again in this same spot.


Flapping.
Not sure what's swooping here.
Fox.
Raccoons.
Coyotes.
Does and fawns.

And the bucks.







No comments:

Post a Comment