Sunday, October 3, 2021

Harvest Time (Apples and Pumpkins - not Bucks)

 We've been enjoying some of the apples from the orchard for a couple weeks.  For some reason, the red ones did well this year but not the yellow/green ones.

We had Apple Brown Betty one day.

And Apple Crisp on another day.  This is not a bad way to get the fruits in your diet.
Some of the pumpkins picked just a week ago were already going rotten.
But I picked more this week along with the squash and gourds.
This is pretty much then end of the pumpkin patch.  Not our best year but not our worst either.
The big carving pumpkins were the major disappointment this year.  Not sure why they did so much worse.  Seemed like a good growing season.
Here's multiple years rain gauge readings.
The deer not only nibbled the pumpkins, but they have also hit the new fruit trees.
I guess we can consider this pruning and hope for the best.
The oats plot is patchy but coming in.
Brassica in there amongst the weeds.
Clover with the orchard at the far end.  As I was taking this shot, I noticed turkeys streaming out of the orchard and flying down from the grape arbor.  See if you can pick them out in this video.  Turkeys in the Orchard
I hunted one evening and saw nothing.  The next morning, I had this buck browsing around at about 100 yards.  He was an outside-the-ears 8 point that I would guess at 3 1/2 years old.  Buck Visiting  I thought that I would pass on him if he came in range but I was never tested.
Joan on her zero-turn last week.
And me touring in the Ranger.
Lots of turkeys on camera and I kept seeing them too.
Here I bumped some while checking cameras.  Bumped Turkeys



The coyotes were still cruising.

Young bucks playing.


More turkeys.

Working on the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment