Sunday, January 15, 2023

Break From Covid Isolation

Joan and I have been isolating since testing positive for Covid over a week ago.  We're both feeling ok.  It was good to get out of the house and out to the farm for the first time since before Christmas.

Daisy and I got in a couple of good walks and I played ball once with Violet.
Daisy found this apparent hawk kill site.
Looks like it was a bluejay.
The deer are hitting the turnips and we saw several out in the fields.
I took a general spin about just to check on things.
I also set up some of my Christmas presents including this birdhouse and a Birdbuddy.  It's a feeder that takes photos, uses AI to identify the bird, and sends a message with photo and ID.
We have been relatively mouse free for a couple seasons since I deployed the electronic noise makers. But this in a kitchen drawer...
...had this.  Shredded paper and pillow stuffing or insulation.  So I set a trap...
...and overnight we got our first customer.
Meanwhile, on the trailcams;
Lots of bobcat activity.





It occurs to me that there was not one turkey on camera in this period.
M/L season hunters.
Creigh.
And Bruce.


Lots of coyotes.



Fox.
The usual coons (and possums, squirrels, rabbits, etc).
An owl.
Young bucks that we hope to see next year.

This one is broken.
The does in the daily struggle.
Looks like we should be taking more of them.
We've been lax in recent years.
Snow on the back.
Already dropped antlers.
And water spots in the ceiling. Always something.



No comments:

Post a Comment