Sunday, January 29, 2023

Winter Blahs

Saturday was sunny and I got in a walk and some chores.  Sunday has been wet, dreary and lazy.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with this.

We have had some success over the last couple years with electronic screamer deterrents for the mice.  I don't know if they're worn out or if the mice are used to them, but they're back.  I always see evidence out in the barn like on the top of my birdseed container, but they are not welcome in the cabin.
I got my walk in and kept an eye open for sheds.  Most of the bucks on camera still seem to be wearing their antlers.
While checking one camera, I spied tips behind it.
Sure enough, there was an intact antler under the pine needles and leaves
It was a little green but not at all nibbled by rodents.  I have to assume it is this year's.
Although the tines were short, the base was substantial and it was a pretty long main beam.
I'm still waiting for the first transmission from the Bird Buddy.  I tried reorienting the unit by 90 degrees.  I thought that was less optimal for the solar charging but might be better for the camera.
The live view seems to be working fine.
The signal strength is only 2 bars but it seems to transmit fine.
Lots of bobcat activity this week.
I think that there are at least two different animals (male - female?).



And, of course, the coyotes.
I'm not sure what bird this is.
I think this is a buck that has shed.
Still seeing crowds of does.
And little bucks.
Now is the tough time for deer.  Greenup in a couple months will be welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment