Sunday, December 17, 2023

Bonus Gun Weekend - Nada

 I only had time for one evening and one morning.  Tis the season after all.

On the evening, the weather was perfect.  Cool with light winds. Front coming thru overnight.  But all I saw was 3 does.

In the morning it was pouring.  Sustained rain for hours.  Fog.  Not a thing moved.
I did make the camera tour before hunting.  I carried the 45-70 just in case.
I was definitely overdressed for that walk - sweating.
These are the stars from the cameras this week.
They covered a lot of ground.
There were also 3 black labs one day.
Here's another one of those murmuration's.
I think they are brown headed cowbirds.
And it's always exciting to have an owl.

I used to see a lot of red and gray fox.  Not so much since the coyote population exploded.  I think this is a red fox. Not a very good photo.
The does were everywhere of course.
Sometimes startled.
Sometimes levitating.

Curious.



And a few young bucks.

The regular coyote traffic.

Last week walk with Violet.
And out hunting with the crossbow.
Enjoy your holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment