Sunday, February 11, 2024

60 Degrees in February

 It's been unseasonably warm lately. But nice for a walk.

We had a lot of rain overnight.  My knee is still a little creaky.  But it's good to be out.
With this little bit of warm weather, the clover is already growing.
The turnips are pretty thin but still attractive in mid-winter.
About 1/2 of the bulbs have been nibbled on.
I got out the 375 H&H and did a little shooting with the load I plan to use for the cape buffalo hunt.  Shooting off sticks at 66 yards with 300 grain Barnes TSX.
I had the gun sighted for a 270 grain Hornady load and I haven't re-zeroed yet.  I just shot a 6 shot group.  I will need to work on that zero.
But at about 2", it is definitely "moment of buffalo".  Much more practice to do.
I left the Kubota on the battery charger and it started right up.  For some reason, the bush-hog trailing wheel forks don't want to spin.  I kind of made a mess before I noticed.
I haven't seen any evidence of bucks shedding antlers yet but one of my neighbors already found a nice 10 point matched set.
It's prime time for shedding for the next month or so.
Lots of does and doe activity.
I always wonder what spooked them in these photos.




The coyotes are out in force.  I think that they are coming into breeding/denning season.











A few glimpses of fox and bobcat.

Neighborhood dogs.
It's Superbowl Sunday - not too excited without the Steelers (or Bengals).


No comments:

Post a Comment