Sunday, February 4, 2024

Taxidermy Pickup, Last Sit of the Season

Joan had a knee replacement almost two weeks ago.  She is doing great.  Amy is in town this weekend to relieve me from nursing duties, so I made it to the farm for the first time in a couple of weeks.  On the way out, I stopped at the taxidermist to pick up my mount from the 2022 season.

This was "nubs".  He had bumps for G4's on both beams.  I don't know if I can legitimately call him a 10 point.
The taxidermist said that the cape had a lot of "tick damage".  I'm not sure if that is legit or if it is just "slip" from cape handling.  There is no shortage of ticks on the property though.
I found out that Creigh hadn't picked up his European mount so I picked it up for him.
Here's the before and after.
I did a little rearranging and found Nubs a spot.
I'm still nursing my knee so I rode the camera tour.
The pond is back at full level.
The clover plots are picked clean.

Believe it or not, they're still eating the greens on the brassica plants and have just started eating some of the turnips themselves.
Mylar balloons are a curse. It is amazing how many of them that I pick up off this rural property.
My last sit of the season was a beautiful night.
Nothing moved until absolutely last light and suddenly there were nine does frolicking.
Skunked in Ohio this year.  I should have taken some does.
Owls!  Even a pair of them. The one below is watching a deer.
Bobcats everywhere although photo quality wasn't great.




And the coyote pack has been active too.







This one looks cold.

Blondie.




And the deer survive.





Tight cornering.

Something spooked them.



The only noticeable shed antler so far.
It was cold the last time I was out.


No comments:

Post a Comment