Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cabin Update, Poopology, And Other Stuff

 The addition is done except for the blinds - they're on order.  Van did a great job.  This week he sealed the tile, installed the shelves and doors on the closets, and finished the trim.  This is our new table and chairs.
 The new closets are pantry type shelves for appliances and linens.

We finally got some rain this week but it is still terribly dry.
 I found quite a selection of poop this week.  I'm not sure what it all is.  Dave and I were reading some tracking books that I have but their pencil drawings of turds weren't much help.  I'm pretty sure that this is coyote.
This stuff looked like caviar or black rasperries.  I have no idea who left it.
 Likewise on these - there's berries of some kind in there.  coyote? racoon? fox?
These berries look suspiciously like the above picture.
 I've had a problem with pigeons nesting in the eaves of the barn porch.  I've been meaning to get a shotgun out and take care of the problem.  It appears that a hawk or a coyote has been on the case.  There's still a few up there though.
 This wasp nest was in a bush right beside the driveway.
The bucks are making scrapes.  They paw up the ground, urinate in it, and rub the branches with their antlers and glands.  This is all a territory marking/dominance behavior.
I've seen more of these scrapes than ever before - don't know if I'm just noticing them more or of the activity is greater.
They are hammering the pine trees.  I think that this is the one that the little spike was working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment