Monday, October 11, 2010

Trailcam a/o 10/11/10

I having been having camera trouble again.  I have two Moultries - one of them has an LCD that you can't read and the other one works intermittently.  Parts are back-ordered because they are apparently swamped with warranty claims on these things.  My new Stealthcam just isn't triggering much.  It's under the apple trees which has been good for 200 to 400 pictures per week in the past.  I'm getting six or eight.  And my new Bushnell has been having intermittent power problems (jiggling a wire helped) but it appears to have died.  So it's a disappointing time on the trailcams.  Still got a few though.

 This is the "brow-beast" with the big brow tines.


A few does to see if you're paying attention.


 Interesting posture.



 More intersting posture.



 The Stealthcam does trigger but they are usually very close to the camera.
So I walked directly in to it from the driveway and it didn't trigger until I was this close.
Even worse in the dark.
So I relocated just to try something different.  There's a doe on the left side of the shot on the other side of the fence - this was enough to trigger it....

Another one???  Go figure.

Hunting report:

Saturday evening - newly relocated ladder stand - nothing but squirrels.  86 degrees.

Sunday morning - high rise stand - nada.

Sunday night - driveway stand - 9 does total in two separate groups - they all winded me and boogied - 85 degrees.

Monday morning - ground blind by orchard - nada.

No comments:

Post a Comment