Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pumkin Patch, Garden and Food Plots

I've been behind the curve all year on getting things planted and now weeded.  The garden/pumpkin patch has some strips that were planted almost a month ago.  I've run the tractor between the strips but I haven't weeded the actual planting strips.  I started on it this week and it was quite a chore.  I spent about 8 hours on it before it just got too hot.  I finally gave up due to the heat and the sweat bees.  I'll get after it again next week.
There are various things planted in those strips of weeds. I crawled along and found the plants  in among the weeds.
This is a row that Doug hoed last week.  I thinned it out this week.
These are the rows of pumpkins planted last weekend.  They came up pretty well.

Here was a row in process - I at least got the plants identified and released among the weeds.

There are some zuchinni in there.
The food plots are in decent shape.  This is clover at the barn stand.
Clover in the new pond plot.
The sunflowers are up and there are a ton of them.  I just broadcast the seeds.  This plot is surrounded by "plotsaver tape".


These sunflowers are outside the tape and the deer have started to eat them. 
Below are the soybeans that were sprayed with Roundup last week.  They look pretty spotty at this point and the deer have clearly been browsing them pretty hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment