Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkins, Twins, Plots, Etc

 Crisis upon arrival - the deer have been eating the pumpkins again.

And this is the real shame - the prizewinner pumpkin got nibbled this last week before harvest.  I grew this guy from seeds that Grant gave me for my birthday.
Here's Graham with the last of the watermelons that I grew from seeds that he gave me.
The boys were an awfully big help with the pumpkin harvest chores.
Like father, like son(s).
In spite of the deer taking a bite out of a few pumpkins, we managed to harvest a decent load.  Here's Grant telling his Dad how you're supposed to rinse these pumpkins off.
Second week in a row with the Expedition filled up to near the roof.
It's still on the early side for the change of colors but the maples are leading the way.
 The boys went out for their first hunt with Dad - here they are suiting up in the barn.
Can you see the little faces in the stand?






After the hunt, the boys hiked all the way up the hill.
Checking cameras.




Poop of the week - probably from a buck and deposited under the apple trees.

















I let the girls run on a long lead.  Chloe is so fast and she doesn't come when called.  After they were worn out, I tied them to the barn.
Sydney on the way home - passed out with head on cooler.


No comments:

Post a Comment