Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trailcams and the Hunt

This is the "High-8".  He is a very nice buck with a long tined rack.  But if you look closely at him, I think that he is a pretty young deer.  2 1/2 or 3 1/2 years old. His rack looks huge relative to his body.  His legs look long.  His neck isn't that thick.  His belly doesn't droop.
 This is the "Backward Buck".  His body is huge and it makes his massive rack look small.  He's thicker everywhere in the body - especially the neck.  I think that this guy is 5 1/2 or 6 1/2 years old.
I'm not sure why these guys are running but, if I were to guess, I'd say the Backward Buck chased them off.


Below are some more bucks under the apple trees.  There aren't many apples left so the action here will start to slow down.







I hunted a ladder stand on Saturday night and this is a view from it down into the creek bed.  I didn't see any deer when I was sitting - probably because I was swatting mosquitos the whole time.  After sunset, I walked in and saw 7 deer in the orchard field - at least one of them a nice buck.  And I pushed two deer out of the driveway field and one of them was a very nice buck.
Dave hunted this box blind (the barn stand) on Saurday night.  At last light he had a coyote come out and stop about where this picture was taken from.  He let an arrow fly but the coyote ran out of the field and down a trail into the woods.  We looked for the arrow in the dark and didn't find it.  Dave found it in the morning and it was a clean miss. The shot below is where the coyote boogied.

On Saturday morning, Dave hit the ladder stand and I did the ground blind.  We didn't see anything.  Here's a few more trailcam shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment