Sunday, April 21, 2013

Turkey Prep - Season Opens This Week

It must be about turkey season.  The redbuds are getting started and the fruit trees are blooming.  The season actually opens Monday (22nd) but I won't be hunting until next weekend.
It's always a good sign when they are strutting on camera.
They showed up everywhere.
Even in the company of deer.
Headshot cameo.
After breakfast on Sunday I looked up to find three gobblers in the barn field.  They were strutting and gobbling at 10:30am.  I hadn't heard any gobbles on my walk earlier in the day.
These are Iphone shots taken thru the spotting scope.
So, I set up my blinds.  This one is near the barn field where they were strutting.
This one is below the hi-rise.
The redbuds should be at peak next week.
These ones along the driveway were the furthest along.
Further behind on the other side of the field.
The fruit trees were in various stages of bud/bloom.
Apple.
Apple.
Cherry.
Crabapple.
Apple.
Red crabapple.
I'm worried about this clover planting at the driveway stand.  Time will tell.
The woods on my walk.  The canopy is starting to green up but the forest floor is still clear.
I think that this is turkey scratching - there were large areas of it.
A friend dropped off some seedlings.  He needed them in the ground right away so he stuck them here.  I'll transplant them next year.  Persimmon, plum and hazelnut.
Violets - I think.
Joan made a cake from scratch.
Buck.
Looking scrawny.



Groundhog.
Minerals - starting early.





















No comments:

Post a Comment