Saturday, March 8, 2014

Item Of Interest

I was recently copied on an email from a guy in my neighborhood who had listed his house for sale.  I think it's pretty self-explanatory.  FYI.


From: "Graham Hill" <ghill@anaminc.com>
Date: February 7, 2014 at 7:37:43 PM EST
To: <
president@miamirifle-pistol.org>, <president@fairfieldsportsmen.com>, <manager_Cincinnati_OH@basspro.com>
Subject: Sibcy Cline Realtors

To Whom It May Concern,


I am an avid sportsman and conservationist and have hunted in most US states and Canadian Provinces and also Africa and Europe.  I am a lifetime member of both the NRA and SCI and a member of the Miami Rifle and Pistol Gun Club in Batavia, Ohio (ex-member of the Fairfield Sportsmen’s Association).


My wife and I recently put our home up for sale in Mason, OH.  We are presently “out of town” but were asked by our agent if another agent, Judy Recker of Sibcy Cline realtors, could show prospective purchasers our home on Saturday February 1st.  Earlier this week I asked my agent for feedback and the following cut and paste is exactly what I was sent:


From: Recker, Judy [mailto:jrecker@sibcycline.com]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 12:21 PM
To: Sandra Peters
Subject: RE: Feedback for Tillinghast


Sandy:  The house is very nice but it is too difficult to "see" with all of the dead animals 'adorning' the walls.  Frankly, on account of that, I would discourage anyone from seeing the house.  But, then, I cannot grasp how a person finds a dead animal be to a trophy unless the animal had the same weaponry as the shooter. 

Thanks for meeting us there, Bill.  By the way, I have no concern about your sharing my response with the seller, verbatim.  Judy

 
Judy Recker

Judy Recker and Associates

#1 Sales Team 2000 thru 2012

East Regional Leader 1995, 1997-2000, 2003, 2006

Sales Leader of the Year 1990, 1991, 1994

Sibcy Cline

Office: (513) 793-2121 x249

E-Fax: (513) 619-9700

 
I find Ms. Recker’s lack of professionalism to be astounding but have since reached out to her in an attempt to, perhaps, meet in an effort to present “our side” of the story with regards to ethical hunting, game management and conservation.  I was told by people who are familiar with this lady that I was wasting my time as she is a complete zealot.

 
Sure enough, my e-mailed attempt at some sort of a reconciliation has been met with contempt, sarcasm and the suggestion that “as an animal lover” I should sponsor or purchase tickets to the next SPCA Ball.

 
We hunters, conservationists and lovers of the great outdoors are part of a fraternity and the purpose of this letter is to simply ask that you post this e-mail or do whatever you think would be most appropriate to get the word out to ensure that any members of our fraternity that are looking to buy or sell a home in the Greater Cincinnati area think twice about using the services of this particular agent/agency.

 
In this way we can perhaps save Ms. Recker the trauma of being confronted with more taxidermy (or as she terms it; “dead animals adorning the walls”).

 
(I will also be contacting the NRA and SCI amongst others once I obtain the correct e-mail addresses).

 
Your comments welcome.

 
Sincerely Yours,

 
Graham D. Hill

 
4768 Tillinghast Court

Mason, OH. 45040

Cell: 513-435-0201


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment