Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Beast is Back (and other stuff)

 This buck with the beastly brow tines has been around for a couple of years.
He almost never shows up on regular flash cameras and he rarely is seen in daylight.  Lot's more pictures of him later in this post.
 Our friend John came out this week to help me with a few chores.
 We did the camera run and then started to clear some of the trails.
 I buried a chainsaw in this tree that was hung across the trail.  John came to the rescue.
 He also did some bush-hogging for me while I sprayed the future prairie plot with Roundup.
 We managed to practice a little with our bows.
The newly planted orchard field is looking good.  Turnips on this side of it.
 An oats mixture on this side of the field.
 The soybeans have been mowed down below knee high since I removed the deer exclusion tape.
 The main field is a weedy mess but the sorghum all has seed heads now.
 Lots of turkey activity this week.  Eating the seeds in my newly planted field (background).
Also hanging out by the orchard and the grape arbor.
 I think that they like the deer block too.



Only one coyote shot.  I'm glad to see less of them.
 Many nice bucks on camera this week.
 Bachelor groups sparring.
Many photos of the brow beast.
 I whittled them down but there's still quite a few.  I like to look at him.














 Same buck, different camera.




 Moving on to other specimens.
 Captain hook.










Many nice bucks out and about.









There were some does and fawns this week.
 And a groundhog.
See you next week (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment