Monday, September 11, 2017

African Wildlife Conservation

I saw a book review on the subject somewhere recently and I decided to read the book.  It was interesting.  Here's a link to it White Man's Game  It's about a well intentioned rich American trying to establish a Kruger-like game reserve in Mozambique.  A lot of interesting stuff on spin and perspective.

I also stumbled on this Forbes link addressing some of the same subjects Private Property For African Wildlife  I do find the situation interesting and will probably continue to read up on it.  From what I've read, Kenya's wildlife situation has deteriorated significantly since the end of legalized hunting.  South Africa's wildlife situation has improved dramatically with private "game ranching".  But neither solution seems ideal (to me).  And I'm not sure that there is a solution for wildlife if human populations just continue to grow.  There's only so much planet available...

Anyway, I have two weeks worth of trailcams to sort thru and I will post them once I get time.

No comments:

Post a Comment