Monday, September 11, 2017

Two Weeks Accumulation - Highlights

 In the two weeks that we were gone, the Bloomsky app only showed 0.75" of rain.  A neighbor told me that he had 2" in his rain gauge.  I had over 1.5" when I finally checked it.  But the fields looked pretty dry.  I don't think any of the rain was recent.
 We just stopped by the farm on our drive home from visiting family in Virginia.  There are some pumpkins in the patch.
 I picked a few for Joan to use as centerpieces at some event.
 My newest plot looks terrible. I used a weed suppressant before planting. The last time that I used it I also had a bad experience.  I think that I'm done with it.
 This is the adjacent plot of oats and brassica.  They are being kept under control by heavy deer browsing.  The pigweed is prospering though.
 In these two weeks, the transition from velvet covered antlers is apparent.  This is a "before" shedding velvet...
 ...and this is an "after".



 There were so many buck photos that I just quickly picked the more interesting ones.

 Artistic shot.  Check out the horizon left of the sun.
 Bottom right of this shot.
The old man coming out to check his does.









Deer and turkeys mixing it up.






 Bachelor party.







 Twin fawns still frequent visitors.

 Many more coyote shots than in recent times.
 Young one with bird?


 We saw several turkeys during our quick stop.



 Deer and coyote.
 Deer and turkeys.
Picking apples on a previous visit.  These trees really attract a crowd at this time of year.  Almost 2,000 shots on the one camera located on one of the apple trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment